Shopify is a commerce platform that allows anyone to easily sell online, in store, and everywhere in between. Shopify offers a professional online storefront that takes minutes to set up, a payment solution to process credit cards, Shopify Mobile to accept payments on your smartphone, and the Shopify POS application to power retail sales. Shopify is the platform of choice for over 100,000 active global retailers.
Shopify’s robust API infrastructure, world-class security and constant innovation provide you with an online store where the only limit is how fast you can sell.
We can process as many sales as you can make:
- Shopify serves an average of 100,000 page views per minute. At peak, that number jumps to 500,000.
We take care of security so you don’t have to:
- Shopify is certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant, with annual on-site compliance assessments and continuous risk management.
Never pay for bandwidth or a rack again:
- Shopify’s highly distributed, full-featured platform drives down IT hardware and labor costs to a fraction of traditional infrastructure expenses.
Constant upgrades with no interruptions:
- We’re always adding new features and functionality to the platform. Those upgrades happen automatically and quietly, allowing you to continue with business as usual.
- Shopify’s versatile API makes it possible to connect your ecommerce site to almost any popular third-party resource.
Shopify by the numbers:
- $60 million of sales processed per month
- 10,000 orders processed per minute at peak
- 100% traffic growth year-over-year
- 80 millisecond response time per request – a number that decreases as traffic increases
5 Features to help you save more:
- Abandoned Checkout Recovery
- Shopify Reports
- Advanced Report Builder
- Future Publishing
- Unlimited Email Address ForwardingRead the full article here
Why modern businesses need an online store:
- The Internet reaches 30% of the global population and there are more than 2 billion users worldwide (Source: We Are Social).
- 40% of worldwide Internet users have bought products online (Source: Statista)
- Mobile reaches 86% of the global population and there are more than 5.8 billion subscribers worldwide (Source: We Are Social).
- The value of mobile commerce transactions is expected to exceed $3.2 trillion per year by 2017 (Source: Juniper Research).
- Ecommerce spending in the U.S. alone hit approximately $262 billion in 2013, up 13.4 per cent from $231 billion in 2012 (Source: Forrester Research Inc.).